Sunday, August 2, 2009

Camden Library Illustration Show





The Camden Public Library on Main Street in Camden, Maine, is presenting an exhibition of children's book illustrations by six Maine illustrators. There will be a reception, open to the public, on Tuesday,  August 11th at 6:30 pm. Come and say hello!

Exhibiting in this show: Noah Z. Jones, L.A. Meyer, Garvin Morris, Jim Sollers, and Jay Piscopo ...and me!
This will be an interesting show of diverse styles and mediums. Many pieces will be offered for sale as well.

The show will be up for the month of August. Check the Camden Library site for hours.

Illustrations here are from SCOOT!  written & illustrated by Cathryn Falwell.
Greenwillow Books, 2008

2 comments:

Katie Patterson said...

I love the picture of your Great Blue Heron!!! I live in Miami, FL and we see them all the time but your illustration is beautiful. Stop by and visit my blog...

www.matthewwaynepatterson.blogspot.com

I am a music teacher and I love books that I can incoporate in my music class. STOMP is so cute!!! I think I am gonna have to buy that one!!!

Mrs. Stanley said...

So delighted to have viewed some of the original of you wonderful collage illustrations. I am anxious to buy a couple of your books to enjoy all winter when my very own pond lies dormant. Your blog and photos are wonderful. Thanks so much for a glimps into your wonderful world of creation.